What'd I do wrong?

Got my DAW up and running Wendsday night. Did some tests and everything checked out. Thursday morning installed SP2 and nothing works. Solid red light on firepod 30 min before rehearsal. A system restore later everything works? If there's a thread out there about this please direct me and I'll look it over....otherwise would love some suggestions.....thought about uninstalling firepod, installing SP2 and then reinstalling firepod.

if possible, id format the hd (after u backup everything) and install sp2 directly. in other words, dont update it after u have just sp1 installed or just straight winxp. ive had many bad experiences with updating with driver issues and everything, but when i install sp2 directly, it works perfectly. i dunno just a recommendation if its possible. if u dont own windows xp sp2 then that kinda sucks.

if thats not possible, i guess u can just try to reinstall drivers and what not, but honestly i dont know how much that'll help. MANY people have had problems with updating to sp2 from a previous version and just said screw it and reformatted windows.

This is a pretty fresh install of XP (Just purchased the computer last week) so I've opted to do system restore (pre SP2) and work with SP1 without the firmware upgrade for now. When I get a bulk of time @ some point I'll look at the possibilty of reinstalling SP2 but it's on the "small performance enhancement much fooling and fiddling list. I'm very pleased with the stuff I grabbed from our choir retreat this weekend with a SP1 instal.

Thanks for this. Rainy Columbus Day prompted me to retry the SP2 install again and sure enough this patch worked like a charm. Suprising Microsoft would release a major update that has such a flaw (looked like it "anything Firewire") but I guess after my experience with Microsoft products I've come to expect a driver brain-teaser at the end of the cracker jack box.

Thanks Again,

Back