What equipments do I need?

SOS_Club

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here. I want to purchase some equipments so I can starting to do a small Home Studio Recording, but I don't know what to buy yet. I have a pretty good computer system, Roland Keyboards and Mic. Someone told me I need to purchase an external Sound card (Firepod-24-bit/96K FireWire Recording Studio)??? Is that right? What about the Drum machine?? Can you guys help me list out what do I need to purchase? Thanks in advance. - I will be your guys new student....... :)

Boy, where to start, I guess the first question is how much money are you planning on spending, what microphones do you already have, and what are your needs.

Welcome Borat,

tweakheadz.com is an average resource but they push products they want to sell on zzounds.com, so take in the general info, but don't trust the product recommendations without further research.

First thing, aside from lot's of reading, is to decide what you want to be able to do, and how much money you have to work with over a reasonable time frame.

I have a friend who makes good money specializing in A Cappella recording, for which he flies all around the world, and his work is critically acclaimed. It's a niche, but the point is his equipment needs are very different from someone who plans on recording full bands in real time, which is again different from someone who will be doing demo's for singer/songwriters, or from someone doing film scoring.

Back