Waves Native Gold Bundle

vicevursa

Did anyone read the article about the PACE Interlok system? Is anybody out there using Waves and experiencing these same kinds of problems? Just curious...

Vice

Wow, what a great article. And so depressing.

Possibly the single best list of arguements ever assembled as to why current forms of copy protection suck.

I tried the Waves Gold compressor demo some time ago, decided not to buy it (price was a bit high for me at the time), and then deleted the demo. But I saw enough to understand why so many people like the software. However after reading that reveiw I can safely say that I will never, ever purchase & install their products on my computer, regardless of price, until they remove their copy protection.

I say: buy the Wave Bundle, leave it in the box, download a cracked version from the internet and enjoy the effects ....
I did this once with a version of Photoshop that didn't run properly. The cracked version didn't cause trouble ... weird and dumb but wth.

oh, I just read the article and Rip actually mentioned other people also switched to pirated versions ...

I have it

I've installed it twice with no problems, due to wanting a different drive configuration. I formatted, re-installed and it gave me the same challenge/response. I would imagine that you could encounter a problem changing the hardware on the system and Pace thinking that you switched computers. The ProRec article didn't come out until after I purchased it so I was pretty much stuck. As of yet, I haven't had any problems though. I must be the lucky one. Now where the hell is that damn wood. :D

Dick

Say, that's a great idea about just using pirated versions. I never thought of that.

So, uh, does anyone know of any good places where I could go to get cracked versions of recording software . . . just so I can . . . uh . . . not have to worry about the . . . uh . . . copy protection problems I've been . . . uh . . . having with all of my already store-bought very legitimately-purchased versions? Yea, that's it. :) :) :)

I agree with chestcock...Where can one get pirated versions of these software programs? Not to say that I would ever use one of these...just say,hypotheticly...if someone wanted to do that.
Ya know if these companies didnt charge $400. to $500. for a $50. peice of software, there would be much less pirating...and I suppose that if people didnt pirate software so much...they might only cost $50.00

Uh, no... we're all legitimate software purchasers and users around here. I'm sure not one person on this bbs would stoop to the level of using pirated software. You should be ashamed.

Back