Trouble With Cubase LE5

Stompbox

Good afternoon,

I've bought a Lexicon Alpha Studio which comes with Cubase LE5, as two others in my band, plus the guy who said he would mix/master our stuff all use Cubase.
It's taken me AGES to get the software onto my PC - much messing about, phone calls, emails there & back to Steinberg etc.
Steinberg have not been helpful and I'm struggling now to set it up - I still can't get the thing to record......
Lexicon tech support said "Steinberg support isn't the best", and Cubase "Isn't the easiest DAW to use & instal".

I really only want a simple recording setup - just guitar, bass , vocals, and use built in drum tracks - don't want to be spending much cash either!

So, 2 Questions:-

1) If I got a different DAW - Like Reaper, or Propellorhead - would the Lexicon Alpha hardware be OK to use with the new software, rather than with Cubase?

2) If this was what I did, would the stuff that I record be compatible with the files/recordings of the other guys using Cubase, and would I be able to drop tracks into the stuff that they record on their Cubase systems & send to me?

Thanks for any help,

Geoff
:confused:

Good afternoon,

I've bought a Lexicon Alpha Studio which comes with Cubase LE5, as two others in my band, plus the guy who said he would mix/master our stuff all use Cubase.
It's taken me AGES to get the software onto my PC - much messing about, phone calls, emails there & back to Steinberg etc.
Steinberg have not been helpful and I'm struggling now to set it up - I still can't get the thing to record......
Lexicon tech support said "Steinberg support isn't the best", and Cubase "Isn't the easiest DAW to use & instal".

I really only want a simple recording setup - just guitar, bass , vocals, and use built in drum tracks - don't want to be spending much cash either!

So, 2 Questions:-

1) If I got a different DAW - Like Reaper, or Propellorhead - would the Lexicon Alpha hardware be OK to use with the new software, rather than with Cubase?

2) If this was what I did, would the stuff that I record be compatible with the files/recordings of the other guys using Cubase, and would I be able to drop tracks into the stuff that they record on their Cubase systems & send to me?

Thanks for any help,

Geoff
:confused:

No matter what program you get there will be a learning curve. Much like you I got my first DAW and it took me days just to get the software set up and configured. It's been 10 years and I'm still learning. Sounds like you just need to get the device set up and inputs set up. Check out the first couple of posts in the Cubase forums.

Make sure your computer has the correct audio driver loaded.... You go to " control panel" on your computer the go to "sounds" to check whether the lexicon asio driver for your recorder is checked. In cubase you go to "device setup" and then choose "multitrack recorder" then go to the drivers and make sure the lexicon driver is checked.
I have a lexicon omega recorder and 99% of the time if it won't record the asio sound driver is wrong.

Hope this helps you. Good luck

Last edited:
Back