tape output=main outputs?

drumboi

i'm thinking of buying an audiophile 24/96 and a behringer 1204-pro. can i use the behringer's tape outputs as the main outputs and run them to the audiophile? if i use the tape outputs, will there be a decrease in quality as compared to the main xlr outputs or the alt 3-4 outputs?

^i don't really understand what you're saying...but the reason i want to use the tape outs is so i would only need to buy rca jacks so i could directly connect the mixer and the audiophile without any adapters. or should i just use the main xlr outs and get a bunch of adapters instead?

No there won't be any loss of quality by using the RCA Tape outs.
No point sending a balanced XLR Out to an unbalanced RCA In.
Don't know that mixer in particular, but if it has direct Outs or Inserts on the channels ... I would use those instead. Just get a 1/4" to RCA adapter.
Try and keep unbalanced cable lengths as short as possible to help avoid interference.

You will not want to use the "tape outs" or the "main outs" as it would create a feedback loop when you return the souncard outs back to the mixer to monitor the tracks. The best way is to use the "FX Send" to the soundcard input and the souncard output into one of the stereo channels. This allows you to use the main outs into your monitor speakers as well as the headphone out without creating a feedback loop.

Back