Sonar XL vs Waves plugins.

Chris Fallen

How does the Sonic Timeworks Compressor X and Sonic Timeworks EQ stand up to the lower end Waves stuff, like the renaissance eq and comp? I'm just wondering if I should spend the extra $100 on the XL or if I should just scrap it and buy a Waves bundle.

Opinions from people that have used both?

I have yet to use the Sonic Timeworks plugin's in a real mix. They just don't do much for me compared to the Waves.

Ed

But you get the lovely DR-008 with the XL-version. I know I couldn't live with out it... ;)

me personally i think they are great and on par with waves stuff and better on some things(like drums for the compressorX)...the EQ is phenomenal second to none native plug-in wise me thinks...maybe the waves master bundle eq can take it out but god damn how much does it cost!?! :eek:

Just thought I'd bump this back up.

I've recently been looking at the Waves Renaissance and Waves Native and I was wondering the difference in quality. I think the prices aren't that different (like $100 or something) so I was wondering if the renaissance stuff is better since you're getting less for your $?

Opinions?

Here's my list of the Waves got to haves:

For mixing:
C1 (compressor)
RCL (compressor)
Q4 (4 band EQ)
RVerb (reverb)

For mastering:
L1 (or L2) (limiter/volume maximizer w/dithering)
C4 (multiband compressor)
LinEQ Broadband (mastering EQ)

Some of the other stuff is OK, but you'd pretty much have to kill me to take away the above.

yea the renaissance package tends to be better....Ren Vox IMO is the best thing waves has ever made...

i think the sonic timeworks stuff is more flexible then the waves...at least for the way i work

Chris Fallen said:
Just thought I'd bump this back up.

I've recently been looking at the Waves Renaissance and Waves Native and I was wondering the difference in quality. I think the prices aren't that different (like $100 or something) so I was wondering if the renaissance stuff is better since you're getting less for your $?

Opinions?

Just got Waves Vox.....

So I decided to dig this thread back from the abyss.....

What is an appropriate setting as far as the gating for Hip hop vocals.. I was playing around with some songs that were already tracked with (super Nice) RNC compression and the result was okay... I was thinking of tracking with the RenVox instead of the RNC... The compression looks to work best around 3-5 so far.. Any tips Teacher?????

Back