RME Babyface... and some problems!

Scorge

Hey guys,

I purchased a Babyface a couple months ago and had a couple issues while trying to open the TotalMix FX and Fireface USB Settings programs on my PC. They were loaded in my task bar but I could not open them and trying to open a new window in the TotalMix FX would result in nothing happening. After doing a complete re-install (following the manual, and a couple suggestions from online forums) I was able to get it working. It was working flawlessly until yesterday when my computer had a couple BSoD's, one was an NTFS.sys error and the other was a HdAudio.sys error. After having those two crashes my computer failed to start once, but after that it started and everything was back to normal. However my Babyface is now not being recognized and I can not open any of the RME software's again. I did a complete re-download and install of the software, updated the Babyface in my Device Manager, yet it is still not working. My PC has been running clean and I have no problems with opening any other programs I have installed on my computer, it is just the RME software that is being a pain in the butt :)

I've scoured the web for any issues relating to mine but I have not found a single thread where someone has the same problems as me, so troubleshooting has been very difficult. Considering the lengthy install process just to get the Babyface up and running.

I have contacted RME support, but I figured I'd post here as well since the you guys have been a lifesaver countless times :D. Any help to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated... as I currently have no sound card to work on my projects. :(

Cheers,

Zach

Back