Recommended books for recording on PC?

DaveO

I've been recording on a Tascam 414 (4-track cassette) for about a year. I finally bought a PC and N-Track and am now learning to record on the PC. Besides checking this forum I'm also looking for a book or two.

I did a search on "book" in this forum and didn't see anything other than a thread that mentioned "Basic Digital Recording", which I'll probably try, and "Principles of Digital Audio", which looks like more than I need for now.

I noticed that the HR.com Bookstore on the "Digital" page has a few books. Has anyone read them and can offer a review :
1) Digital Home Recording - Tips, Techniques, & Tools For Home Studio Production.
2) Basic Digital Recording
3) Making Music With Digital Audio - Direct To Disk Recording on the PC.

If not these, does anyone have any other suggestions?

well davo , i think you would already have what it takes to do some pretty snazzy stuff with the pc.. I started straight out with digital , i knew nothing except a few basic principles of analogue. These basic principles are what got me moving .. Im not saying books arent the way to go , its just finding the time to read them. I strongly believe that the best way to learn is through trial and error .. Im not saying go plug 2000watts of power into your soundcard .... But the basic principles of recording are still there .. (track bouncing , busses etc....) so i think its best just to play around with your own equipment and just get comfortable with it and eventually you'll know it like you know that little tascam ..
just thought i'lld voice my opinion on that ... cheers , see yall'!!!

Back