recommend firewire audio interface

finchfinch

Ok, I've been researching audio interfaces all weekend, and it's fair to say my head is spinning.

I've finally narrowed it down to a firewire as opposed to usb. My budget is £300 (considering you can get used items at a lower cost too).

I've currently got a m-audio fast track and need to upgrade because I want to record acoustic guitar with 2 mics. so minimum of 2 mic inputs needed.

I'll be using windows 7. The MOTU Ultralite mk2 and firestudio mobile have caught my eye. Any other suggestions would be great.

Been using a Motu828mkII for years with ZERO problems. (same guts and drivers as the Ultralite or 8Pre)

Be advised that you NEED a TexasInstruments firewire chipset (you can find out what your computer has in the Device Manager control panel - IF you are on Windows; ya gotta tell us what you have cause we're not psychic...). If your firewire chipset is not TI you can put in a Belkin or SIIG pci, pcmcia or expresscard firewire card with Texas Instruments chips.)

Never buy an audio or video production computer without TI firewire, it's the gold standard that WORKS.....

I don't have a firewireport so I was going to buy a PCI firewire card. I definitely wasn't aware of the TI standard so will definitely get one of those. thanks!

Back