Recoding DJ mixes in stereo on my computer

pilzner420

So I am obviously a newb when it comes to recording but what i want to do seems very simpe. I just want to record in stereo.

I bought an external sound card that connects to my laptop via usb. I have a Y rca cable to plug into the "line in" port (it is not in the "mic" port) of the external sound card from my dj mixer which is analog. (my external sound card is the "Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit external")

The mix records fine in mono but for the life of me i can not figure out how to record it in Stereo. I am using wavepad to record which has the options for stereo or mono recording. I have tried it on two seperate laptops and each time i try to record in stereo it only records on the left side :( so i know its not the computers.

This has been haunting me for the past 2 months. Please Please Please can someone give me some direction or feedback as to what i can do to get it to record in stereo?

Thank you for any help you can give :)

JP

Last edited:
a) maybe the Y-cable you're using actually results in mono?

b) not familiar with Wavepad, but maybe it only records in mono? Or need to assign the inputs to dedicated Left/Right channels?

That's about all I can think of; hope it helps.

Back