The quest for stereo output...

Sniffie

One question... I get stereo when I play things through my system's computer, but when I plug in my headphones (which I will want to mix on, most of the time), they're only in mono. Is there any way to change the output through a preferences menu or something? Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,
rémi

I've never heard of that, and there's no reason or even way I can see to do that unless either the jack or headphones are mono or the headphones are broken. I'd try a different pair.

BTW, you can edit a message you wrote by clicking on the rightmost icon above the message display...no excrement necessary :)

Now, this is wierd, because I tried with a different set of headphones, and sure enough, stereo works. And yet... the ones that only work in mono are my expensive studio ones that work in stereo everywhere else. What the heck could be the problem?

Impedance loading maybe? Studio headphones might not be the same as what a computer soundcard expects. It's also possible it's the adapter that you're using to plug in.

Back