Pro Tools MIDI help needed..

vschiano2008

I just got a Digi 002 Rack with pro tools. i updated to pro tools 7, but it's almost the same as 6.9. i had this problem before i upgraded too. whenever i try to create a new Midi track, pro tools shuts down on me. i am using a mac and i dont think its my computer . i dont understand.

what i tried to do:

i opened an existing midi file in pro tools. no prob so far.
i go to assign an output to the tracks, and bang! closes down again.

i have a midi input/output into a keyboard.

i am able to work in Reason with the midi. i can even bounce down to an audio track and then open that in pro tools, with no problem.

i need some help from anyone!!! my investment is looking bleak all of a sudden... nah it's all good... but help!

That's odd. Do you get any error messages? Do you have any other programs running such as virus protection software?

TuoKaerf said:
That's odd. Do you get any error messages? Do you have any other programs running such as virus protection software?

hehe.. mac with virus protection.. hehe..
no i have nothing else open. i get the error message, "protools has quit unexpectedly..."

there's a BIG difference between 7.0 and 6.9....explore around, you'll see.

have you tried the ol' "Trashing Preference" trick? What version of Mac OS are you working with?

bennychico11 said:
there's a BIG difference between 7.0 and 6.9....explore around, you'll see.

have you tried the ol' "Trashing Preference" trick? What version of Mac OS are you working with?

i see the differences between 6.9 and 7.0. but i was having the problem with both versions. actually, Digi just responded to me telling me about the resetting all the midi settings and stuff. i cant wait to get off of work to go home and try it out!!! im running OSX Tiger, 10.4.3.

Back