Omni Studio Delta 66 vs. Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96

whattaguy

Which is the better card, and why?

Your opinions will be helpful for deciding if I should return my Aardvark for almost blowing my speakers out!

Thanks in advance, again.

very similar in quality....same converters....Omni only has 2 preamps.....pramps of very similar quality....

what exactly is it about the DP that would blow speakers?....

Gidge,

Thanks for your reply.

I am running windows XP. When i tried opening the console view of the card with Pro Audio 9 opened, there was a huge pop. I had to restart my computer to get everthing working, switching between the console and Pro 9 is rough as there are some crackles in between. There was also a big feedback hiss when i turned on the reverb.

I talked to the Aardvark guys, and they said that they should get the finalized driver by mid next month, but I've heard that they were pretty bad with keeping their projected dates on driver-type issues. As for now, they couldn't help me. M Audio has no complaints with their XP driver, and it's been out for a few months now.

I am pretty new to all this, so if these problems can be solved with software adjustments, I'm all ears. I picked the Aardvark, because I wouldn't really need to purchase anything else in the long run. But if it's a Pro Audio 9 thing, I might as well get the M Audio and spend that money saved on a Sonar upgrade.

What do you think?

i've got both of these......the direct pro and the omni studio are both capable......the dsp on the direct pro is cute, however, m-audio is a little bit more timely about the all important driver update (for new software, OS)..........if you don't need a midi port and you aren't looking to mic up n'sync or a barber shop quartet any time soon, go with the omni.

Back