Newbie, Is MAudio Audiophile 192 the best way to go for me?

Gand

Hiya

I am quite new to recording and have this equipment.

PC - p4 3ghz 1 GB Ram, 500GB HD
Boss Jamstation
MAudio Audiophile 192
Line 6 Guitar Port
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Simple 8 track mixer

Reason 3
Cubase SX2
Pro Tracks
Rifftracker

I have a hard time getting Cubase to work with the MAudio card, pro tracks sort of works and i have no idea what to do with Reason :) I was going to buy a new IMac with the Intel chips and start using MAC instead, but I have this new computer, what would be the best setup for me? I dont mind dumping this card and getting something else.

I record, Electric, Bass and Acoustic guitars. I dont have a good mic so the $25 dollar one i have produces quite bad vocal tracks, but I have no keyboard or drum machine either, and have considered an electronic drum set. So basically any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

The M Audio Audiophile is a good way to start recording and shouldn't really be causing you any problems with Cubase (I started with the audiophile and Cubase).
Unless you have a lot of cash spare and you're willing to purchase a new audio card etc, then i would say your fine with what youve got. It can certainly record at a decent enough quality and like i said, i had no problems with it.

I would say the first thing you need to get, if you dont have one already is a pre amp for your microphone. I would say thats more important than the sound card you have. Then try to get yourself a nice quality condenser microphone.

You may also want a cheap little midi keyboard so you can use it with Reason to create basic drum beats. This will work until you can afford something a bit better.

Hope that helps,

Good luck

well cracked software is kind of buggy. but thats beside the point. I see nothing wrong with the audiofile. its a good card for what I hear.

Back