motu2408 giving me problems

antofants

hey gurus,
I just recently got the motu2408mkII after lots of consideration and looking around at other products. But I've been running into some problems when I'm using it. I'm using the Audio desk program that came with the unit and a mac G3 350 with 256 megs ram. What happens is that every now-and-again the computer will kinda freeze and pop up an error message saying that my file buffers aren't ready. In parenthesis it asks if my disk speed is too slow or if I'm recording too many tracks. According to motu specs about my G3 I should be able to record up to 24 tracks and I've never been recording more than two tracks at one time when I've recieved this error message. I've also reset the buffers and messed around with the ram settings a bit, but I still get this message ocassionally. Have any of you run into this problem before or know what I could do to fix this? (I have tried contacting motu support but they haven't been able to help pinpoint the solution yet)

Thanks in advance ya'll

You should post this on the MOTU-MAC list. Go to www.unicornation.com.

I'm about to buy a new mac and a motu product. I've been following the above list a lot. My guess is you probably have a slow hard drive and probably a slower processor machine.

Product specs are always notoriously optimistic. I know, I've written some.

Back