Mixing with SBLive

Oigimer

I'm starting out in the home recording scene, so I've recently bought a Mackie Mixer (6Mono/4 Stereo w/ 6 Inserts) ... I already have SAW Plus and an SBlive board instaled, and I was wondering how to get the best out of this setup when it comes both to recording and mixing down:

1)I get lots of clipping when I start using more than a couple tracks on SAW, how can I get rid of this .. is it and EQ or volume prob?

2)Should I mix using SAW or is there any way to mix through the Mackie with this soundboard and if so, will it add much noise to the tracks?

1. When you're using multiple tracks, you're adding (algebraically) your waveforms and so you have to keep the level of each one much lower so the total end result doesn't go over 0 dB and clip.

2. I'd mix with the Mackie, it's a lot easier and should be quieter than any SoundBlaster card anyway!

Humm ... The problem is that SBLive only has a couple of stereo Line Outs (Designed for a 4 Speaker Quadrifonic System) and one Line In Input ... I don't know how to mix trought the Mackie (after recording separate tracks on SAW) using these few conections available. Any clues?

Back