midi to wav

jackdaw

Dragon, you said (in a previous posting)...

"As far as getting MIDI to WAV, it's simpler than you might think...you just play your final MIDI mix and record it as WAV at the same time!"

When you say "record it (MIDI mix) as WAV at the same time" can you explain exactly how this is done?

Thanks.

I'm sure Dragon won't mind me trying to answer this question......

It's a matter of sending your MIDI info to your MIDI soundsource and then routing that audio back into your recording software.

I can give you more specific details if you explain what equipment you have.

Conrad Josepi

Thanks, Conrad...I always appreciate when someone saves me some time (especially when, like you, they know what they're talking about!).

He hit it on the head, of course. With many sound cards, you simply diddle a bit with the Windows recording controls to get the MIDI input enabled and you'll be recording the audio in from the MIDI you're playing "out".

With others, you actually have to physically connect the line out back into the line in, but make sure you try the first method first because the second one can cause feedback that can quickly blow your ears, if not your equipment. Keep the volumes low on the second method until you see how it's going...

Back