M-Audio Lightbridge + B ADA8000...monitors where?Hey. I've decided to get an M-Audio

SMX_Dizzy

Hey. I've decided to get an M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge and a Behringer ADA8000 preamp to run Pro Tools [M-Powered]. However, I just discovered a bit of a problem...where do I connect my monitors? They are KRK RP6s (XLR, 1/4" balanced output; RCA unbalanced output). I have an M-Audio 2496 soundcard in my PC.

So where would I connect the monitors? I noticed that the 2496 is compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered, so would I be able to select it as my audio output device? Is there somewhere to connect them on the Lightbridge or the ADA8000?

Please help. I'm very confused and would really appreciate a reply.

I don't think you're going to need the 2496, because the lightbridge is compatible with PT M-Powered. If your monitors are active, then connect them to out 1 + 2 of the ADA 8000 (at the back). You just have to hook up your ada 8000 to your Lightbridge and that to your Mac/PC via firewire and then let it rock!! Don't forget to set your Lightbridge to master and the Behringer to slave and it should work fine!

What about this: I could run the monitors out of the Lightbridge/ADA8000 to get sound, both in Pro Tools and I'm guessing I could set it as the sound device in Windows, but how about this: Using this unit (http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...N-Stereo-Monitor-Matrix-Mixer?full_sku=182041 yea, another Behringer lol) to output both the Lightbridge and my 2496 into, and have the monitors connected to it...that way I don't have to leave my Lightbridge/ADA8000 unit on when it's not in use and only want computer sound.

Back