Lexicon Alpha on windows 7

Zynchro

I just bought a new Laptop that runs on win7. I thought my lexicon alpha's broken but I used it on our 2 other desktops that runs on windows xp and it worked perfectly fine. Lexicon alpha is so user friendly that I didn't need any drivers to make it run on our 2 other desktops on windows xp. First try on my laptop it didn't work. I installed the driver and still didn't work. The sound always comes out of the laptop's speakers. My lexicon alpha's responding 'cause the light on it works.. Oh another thing, when I plug the lexicon alpha on my laptop it says "No audio output device is installed" Whenever I unplug my lexicon, everything goes back to normal. I already installed the correct driver twice already. My desktop didn't need a driver to make it run. I can't record on my desktop decently 'cause it's too slow when I play all instruments at once.

Not a 100% sure, but if it is still coming out as your normal sound comes out, you have a Windows configuration problem. I would refer back to the Lexicon documentation and it will most likely show you how to configure for Windows. Look for updated drivers on their site as they have probably provide better Win7 drivers. Vista driver work pretty often with Win7 as well. Check to see if your Win7 is 64 or 32, most likely 64, but better check to make sure.

Yeah, you need to select the Alpha, as your default audio device in Windows first. Start>Control Panel>Sound. If your Alpha is not listed there, then you do not have the correct driver installed, and need to go to the Lexicon site to download/install.

Then, you need to select the Alpha from within your DAW. :)

Back