If you wuz me,I know you aint but........

Timothy

:D
If you had a UC33e controller and a CME uf-8 which both sport good midi/software control,the only drawback being no motorized faders. What would you do for a good audio interface if you only occasionally recorded vocals and wanted to go with pro tools . I almost won a projectmix on ebay and now I am glad I didnt because it would have been redundant given my setup wouldn't it? I also want to have the capability to lock two computers together if necessary,oh and ADAT so I can add channels or route digital. Oh and this has to look cool for my clients when they come into my studio.

If you wuz me,or maybe your kinda like me in that you have a lot of midi control just lying around in the studio so why add one more,is it really worth 1300 dollars for an integrated setup. If I'm going protools that does limit me.

Would you say the heck with pro tools and possibly lose future customers because of it?

Timothy said:
What would you do for a good audio interface if you only occasionally recorded vocals and wanted to go with pro tools .
If you're just going to be doing your own stuff I would recommend this. I have one myself and find it built like a tank, great sounding and very reliable.

Why are you considering 'protools' anyway? It's no good for midi projects, the Reason Adapted that comes with it is a teaser for the real thing and it's on it's way out as a faux 'industry standard' with Live and Sonar forcing it out the back door.

And almost every time I get someone who wants to bring in a project that they've started in 'protools' I'm just floored by the sheer incompetence displayed in the recording practices. Without openly insulting them I tell them we'll need to start from scratch recording the tunes or they can take it somewhere else.

I might be locking two machines together so I would need a box with wordclock and also adat to do a more than two track pass between machines.
I have heard great things about all the presonus stuff but no adat and no word clock sync.
I have read a lot of reviews on pro tools and was at one time squarely against PT, but now since it has rewire capability and is still the main tool of tv,radio and pro recording I strongly tend to lean in that direction.I can pick a copy up for a good price,if for no other reason than to have the capability for my clients.
I have been a cakewalk user for years and love it. Sonar broke new ground with the 64 bit system.I also use acid pro 6 and abelton live to some degree,all great programs. Have you seen the latest improvements to PT?

Back