I think I found a Kewl PC just for musical production

transcend365

Hey ya'll,
check out this site www.musicxpc.com it's a computer that is specifically designed for musical production all together. Supposed to match the mac-g5 and it uses windows. Don't believe me, go see for yourself. this thing looks pretty impressive. It's got like three hard drives standard. It was developed by some musical guy and it's pretty bad. I'm thinking of buying one, just go check it out and let me know what you think....peace out

transcend365 said:
Hey ya'll,
check out this site www.musicxpc.com it's a computer that is specifically designed for musical production all together. Supposed to match the mac-g5 and it uses windows. Don't believe me, go see for yourself. this thing looks pretty impressive. It's got like three hard drives standard. It was developed by some musical guy and it's pretty bad. I'm thinking of buying one, just go check it out and let me know what you think....peace out

Doesn't look like anything special. What are the prices? I'm sure I could build something myself just as good and be cheaper.

hmmm.

I don't know man, 2600 beans US for that? It is pretty sweet don't get me wrong but it seems like you could get a lot for your money if you shopped around. The 3-hard drive idea is cool but you could do that yourself. The Cpu and ram is pretty stnadard for cutting edge computers these days, by that i mean that you could get that from any manufacturer. As for being quiet, my computer is quiet (unnoticably) and much cheaper. Also "tweaked" for audio performance? i would like to know what they did speicificall other than putting their logo in the windows info box.
I don't see the comparison to a G5 myself, i would compare it too any other high end PC available today.

Wow, look. A Shuttle kit that's been marked up $1000. Yippy Skippy.

This guy's crap has been mentioned here before. The little one is a rehashed Shuttle barebones kit that every computer computer and their uncle is selling as a "Music PC" and now I see they've added another barebones kit.

It's funny that if you look at his review page, all it is is reviews of the Shuttle kit.

If his "version" is so special, why not have reviews of that? Maybe it's because none of the serious recording mags care about yet another Shuttle derivitive.

thanx guys

I would like to thank you guys for your feedback, that's what makes these forums so impressive. I totally don't want to buy this peice of equipment now, and your are all right, I could get something, or build something for cheaper that's just as good if not better. Thank you for your support.

I'm not liking the 1 pci-slot. That wouldn't seem like it would be for any pro. I built this:

P4 2.6Ghz
1,536 MB RAM
200 GB Hard Drive
4 PCI slots
4 USB ports
2 Firewire ports
GeForce video card

I ended up spending $800. Not too bad I guess, less than half the cost and more expandable.
(definately wouldn't buy proprietary system for music production!)

Re: thanx guys

transcend365 said:
I would like to thank you guys for your feedback, that's what makes these forums so impressive. I totally don't want to buy this peice of equipment now, and your are all right, I could get something, or build something for cheaper that's just as good if not better. Thank you for your support.

I just don't want anyone to make the mistake of buying a PC from this clown, just because he has enough capital to market his bull$hit.

Here's what that system really costs:

Shuttle SB75 Kit $357.00
P4 3.0Ghz $224.00
Crucial 1GB (512MBx2) $220.00
Maxtor 80gig $79.00
Maxtor 120gig $109.00
Pioneer AVR107 $131.00
WinXP Pro $135.00

Total $1,255.00

They're selling for $1599.99, and that's the SiS-based model with a 2.8Ghz. That's the most recent pricing info I could find, since their dealer page doesn't work.

I'd rather go:

Antec Aria SFF $99.99
Gigabyte K8VT800M $92.00
Athlon 64 3400+ $416.00
Crucial 1GB (512MBx2) $220.00
Seagate 120gig $107.00
Seagate 160gig $129.00
Pioneer AVR107 $131.00
WinXP Pro $135.00

Total $1,329.99

This would mop the floor with the Shuttle-based MusicXPC, is cheaper, uses quieter hard drives, and is expandable.

Last edited:
I just put together that EXACT system through newegg for 1100$

the only thing not included is an OS, or anyother programs you might want to run.

Forget about that dude, and his ripoff company

I was interested in using a Shuttle for a DAW but I talked to the repair guys at my local shop and they were not impressed with them. They were getting a lot of them back for warranty service.

Has anyone used one for any period of time?

Back