How to install the Audiophile card????????????

rapper2001

Whats up everybody.... um kinda new to this. Um about to get the Audiophile next week and i just wanted to know how do you install it. I know it comes with instructions when you purchase it but i want to hear from the people who experienced installin' it. Do you have to take ya pc apart or something?

Also i want to know what cables do you have to get to hook things up to the Audiophile, like a mixer, a keyboard, etc. I have a bunch a software and a old compaq presario 5020 dat i got in 98, i know it's a old pc and it don't have dat much space but i have to deal with it until i get a job to buy a 80 gig hd computer. Anybody know what else should i buy, i got the software, i know i need a decent mic, but is it necessary to buy a mixer? I would probably see can i get a Audio Buddy also 'cause i will have about $100 dollars this week. So if i can't get one of the other which one would you prefer, a mic pre amp, or an decent mic like the sm58?

I got alot of questions about stuff but i'll post the rest later. Thanks for the help.

In short, you need an available PCI slot. You will have 2 inputs and 2 outputs RCA connects and midi in and out. If you plan to record multiple tracks at one time, you will need a mixer. {also for your mic pre's} I dont know any musicians that dont have a mixer. You can get em cheap nowadays.

Back