Firepod: Run two tracks to mixer AFTER firepod?

wishtheend

I had this in the newbies section, but thought I'd catch more firepod owners here. Can this be done?

I'm going to be recording some live practices tonight and the band wants me to run the kick and vocals to the PA (it actually doesn't pick too much up on the OH). Of course I want to come OUT of the firepod so the quality is best at recording, and I know the firepod has the line outs 3-8, but I don't know how to go about doing this at the TIME of recording. And I only want to send those two tracks to the PA.

I have the following

Firepod
Berhinger PHM3000
Vegas Software

Thanks for any advice.

You've now encountered one of the very few shortcomings of the firepod. It only allows for monitoring of all of the inputs, not individual (hence: no software input monitor). However, in Vegas, you may be able to turn on input monitoring on just those two tracks. There might be a little latency, but if you've got it real low it shouldn't be noticeable.

Have you tried using the inserts on the 1st 2 channels? You might be able to get a feed to the mixer that way.

Otherwise you'll need to run the kick & vox mics through the mixer first, then into the firepod

Back