Digital Consoles w/ HUI capability

cpl_crud

G'day all.
I was just having a bit of a think about upgrading my console (a hot-rodded Soundtracs MX) to something... better. Yes, I'm being vauge, but I've only just started thinking about this.

Without going into details, are there any consoles that will act as a HUI for a DAW (such as Cubase) that has automation built in?
I'd like to point out that I'm not looking simply for a HUI, but an actual console which can be controlled by a DAW (if such a thing exists).

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Furthermore, does anyone actually understand what I'm talking about here?

Ta,
Cam

You mean like a control surface?
You probably want something with motorised faders like the Tacam 1884

yeah, sorry about that, replace "HUI" with "Control Surface" - I had my head in a mackie catalouge all day (funnily enough, one that pre-dates the Onyx...)

I've been thinkin about an Onyx, I didn't think it had motorised faders tho, does it? Or are they available on teh bigger ones (like the Onyx 40)?

I'll have a look, cheers.

Nope, no flying faders on the Onyx's, and certainly not on the Onyx 40. In fact, I think the Onyx 40 doesn't even offer the firewire stuff. Whats the budget like? And are you still going to use your sountracs for preamps and EQ's?

Are you looking for a digital mixer AND a control surface, or just a control surface?

I use the CMlabs Motor Mix, it's more expensive than the Behri knockoff, but it has an LCD which is really handy, packed with useful status info considering the size. Besides, when you try the Motor Mix and BCF2000 side by side, you'll see where the extra $200 went. :D

EDIT: the Motor Mix is control surface only, no digital audio goes through it.

Back