Can't record with EMU 0404 card

peak_rock

Hi, I would really appreciate any help with this problem: I have an Athlon 1800XP running Windows 2000 Professional with SP4. I have disabled the on board sound card and I have installed an EMU 0404 sound card with the software off the CDROM and then downloaded a later driver EmuPMX_PCDrv_L4_1_71_03.exe off the web. If I use the Patchmix DSP application I can detect an input on both channels of the card - using the analogue jack plug inputs. I have also installed Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3, but cannot detect any input whatever I do.. In the input select drop down in Cakewalk, I get the E-MU E-DSP Audio Processer (WDM) option and can select left or right channel or stereo. I can play back through the EMU card but cannot record.

In Windows Sound Recorder, in audio properties & then sound playback I can click on volume control and get the "monitor out popup", but on sound recording I get a message saying there is something wrong with the sound hardware... I have checked in device manager and the card is working properly, I have also removed it on device manager and then re-installed it again...

I've had a look on the Creative and Microsoft web sites but can't find any updated drivers or patches etc.. I did see mention somewhere that for XP you needed to take SP2 off before installing this card so perhaps the next step is to take SP4 and SP2 off this version of Windows 2000

I've basically run out of ideas other than that - so any help gratefully received...

emu 0404

i had windows xp/sp2 installed when i installed the 0404. i really had to play around with patchmix before things would work. i still don't understand what goes on in patchmix.

there have been times when i want to record from the wave output in traktion, i have had to fire up cubasis and get that set up to record from wave. then i reopen traktion and the wave input becomes available. one of these days i have to dig deeper into the user pdf.

there are some non-intuitve things that seem to happen when inserting sends in patchmix.

i know this doesn't help but when you finalyy get the 0404 working you will like the sound. MERRY CHRISTMAS. :rolleyes:

Back