Best place/price to get decent quality 17 or 19 inch LCD screen?

tubedude

I need an LCD screen since I am doing mobile recording, and my 19 inch tube is killing me to pack around.
Where should I look? What should I look for? What is considered good resolution with an LED?
Peace!

I do all of my computer shopping at http://newegg.com whenever possible -- low prices and fast shipping. They also have product reviews submitted by fairly hardcore geeks.

I bought a Samsung 15" LCD from them recently and I like it.

I've been on the lookout for a good deal but haven't found anything great yet. Around $400 is the best I've seen on a 17". The max resolution you can use will depend on your recorder/vid card. Are you using a DAW or HDR? It won't make sense to buy a really nice monitor with more resolution than you need. The main specs on LCD's is their refresh rate and native resolution. They usually look best at the native resolution.

JFogarty said:
www.pricewatch.com
It will always have the cheapest prices, because its an interenet search of online prices. Check it out..

Just don't expect good service. These guys know they're cheap and get away with alot of crap decent vendors would never think about doing.

I've been burned one time too many and do bother with pricewatch anymore.

If you are in Louisville, you probably have Best Buy / Circuit City / CompUSA / MicroCenter in your area. Try one of those. Usually there prices are very close to mail order, and its much less hassle to do returns & exchanges with a store than trying to argue over the web.

Last edited:
Tube, If all your using it for is recording then cool....but if you will use it with other programs and especially video or picture programs, you may be dissapointed with the quality considering the price. I almost spent $500 on a 17" but went with a 20" Viewsonic CRT for $200 new. Im glad I did, its a great monitor.

Back