Best Freebie Plugs??

rockabilly1955

who makes the best free compression, limiter plugins?? ive seen quite a few out there. What combo of those would be the best to get a louder mix??

http://www.geocities.com/fender686/ TLs Maximizer

Once you install it, run it on your master bus, drag the output to -.1 to -.3, then start boosting till you have 1-4dB of gain reduction, by dragging the gain to the right. Click the EQ button to bring up a EQ section, use it sparingly at first. And if you still think the song needs it, add a compressor before the TLs maximizer. And use a low ratio setting (2:1 to 6:1) with 2-6dB of gain reduction.

It may not make your song better, but what I described will make it seem louder.

thanks ..........i'll give the maximizer a try. I tried fully functional Final Plug from wavearts and definitely dont think its worth 200 bucks!!

MAN... i just tried the TLS maximizer and it kicks ass. Probably the best free plug i've used and i think its way better than wavearts Final Plug. I got good rms levels with no distortion. I just added a bit of compression and then used the maximizer. Very good. Thanks for the info on that plug!

Back