Audio interface inputs 1/2 question

RickH

Got a new interface, a Behringer UMC202HD, and input 1 is heard only in the left channel, input 2 is heard in the right in my DAW. I guess this is a typical interface configuration but I can't understand why. Why would they not be mono inputs? I understand this is a good interface for podcasts but how would you have the mic signal in mono if the inputs are hard left and right? I'm puzzled by this design.

Which DAW are you using? This will be a setting when you're creating your track or assigning an input to your track in your DAW. On the interface, inputs are inputs...they're all discrete signals. It's only in your DAW where you assign them as stereo or mono.

Do you have the tracks or inputs set up as Stereo tracks in your DAW. You want them set as Mono.

EDIT* Beaten to it by tad.

You guys were right...I could have sworn I had the correct settings but went back in to my DAW (Mixcraft 7) and made sure the input was chosen that corresponded to the Behringer, played it back, and sure enough it was mono. Issued resolved, thanks!

Back