Audacity and Fast Track Pro disagree

Wes39

Hello everyone. Recently my friend loaned me his M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface to do some recording (acoustic and vocals). I had used this exact interface about a year ago on Audacity with minimal issues and recorded 5 songs. Upon getting it back, nothing has gone right. I can hear myself in the headphone through the interface when i record but absolutely nothing is being recorded. When i go to preferences and look at the recording device my only options are "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input" and "Sound Max Digital Audio". I went to M-Audio's site and downloaded the proper driver update for my computer. My computer now recognizes that it's connected but Audacity will not. All the volumes for "line in" are up. I've gone through my sound options and no inputs are muted. All my usb hubs are enabled as well. IF anyone knows why these two kids can't get along please let me know before i blow one of them up. Thanks
- Wes

don't bother posting on this thread. I pulled some Chris Angel out of my back pocket and got it to work after a day or so. Thanks anyway!

Back