Adobe Audition?

ryansharif89

Hi all, It seems like this site is great for advice with home recording - so I'm glad have access to some help.

I've decided to progress with my songwriting by recording on my computer, and before I make any purchases I would like to get your opinion.

I'm looking to record vocals and guitar (especially acoustic), as well as some MIDI for basic drums and piano. My friend has recommended Adobe Audition, what do you think?

Also, what soundcard do you think would be the most effective and most affordable for this?

I appreciate all your help; more questions to come!

Thanks.

I use Audition, and Sonar. I like the audio engine in Sonar better, (I think that's the term..) but it doesn't do MP3's unless you pay extra. Audition is what I'm used to for editing my drum samples, so I also use it for them. It seems to work well, but all is subjective.

I have a Delta 44 for a soundcard. It also works well, but many will do the same. If you need a Preamp, you can look into either a card with one built in, or a decent card, and seperate pre-amp. Personally, I'd go with teh seperate setup, but that again, is just my preferance.

Adobe Audition is OK but it really isn"t seem to be geared to Multi track recording ,It seems more geared twards audio editing even though it can record audio and the latest version supports ASIO...

You can get better for about the same Price For instance Cubase might be a Better Choice....

Also if you get your self a Multi tracking sound card they will usually come with a useable Recording program.....

If You aren"t going to be recording more than a couple tracks at a Time you might look into something like a M-audio Audiophile 2496 which has 4 in 4 out S/Pdif and Midi and is in the $120.00 range and should come with software and has good quality AD/DA Converters....

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496-main.html

After you get a Interface you should also download a bunch of demos of programs and try them or even try a couple of the freeware ones(Audiacy,Krystal,Reaper,ect) untill you find one you like...You can even download a Demo of adobe audition to see if you like it before you buy it....

Cheers

Yeah I was impressed with the mp3 converter in Audition, I'll still check out Sonar though.

I'm not even sure If I need a pre-amp....hmm...

Well hey, thanks for your input!

I've seen how some of the soundcards come with software, but because of the fact that they're free, I've always doubted their quality. That soundcard you suggested comes with Ableton Live...if that's pretty decent then the soundcard sounds like an excellent choice.

Thanks!

Back