Absolute best samples real drum samples for the EXS24mkII???

pisces7378

I am looking for some REAL sounding drum samples. Real acoustic drums are an absolute MUST. I already have this sample collection...

http://www.bestservice.de/detail.as...&lng=2&area=2&group=10&typ=8&idx=1481&flg=grp

It is the "Vol 43. Real Drum Kits" Prosamples from "Best Service".

It is difficult to load in that I still haven't figured out how to use this collection without having the CD in the CD-ROM drive the whole time. I got the Logic Extreme HipHop collection and it loaded onto my hard drive no problem and appeared immediatly in my EXS24 drop down menu. The BestService collection came with a ReadMe file that did nothing more than confuse me and simply didn't tell me how to load these samples into EXS24 without having the CD in the CD-ROM. And to top it all off, once the samples are loaded off the CD, they are considerably less than spectacular.

They are a bit lifeless and sound like acoustic leftovers. I mean they are not HORRIBLE. They are better than 80's sunth drums. But they don't give me the feeling that there is a drummer in my living room. And no samples every really will I guess. But I am convinced that there is another sample collection that can come closer.

What do you guys think? And please keep in mind that I am on the EXS24mkII in Logic Plat. 5.5.1. So an EXS24 optomized collection would be ideal.

Thanks guys!

Thanks man!

It is funny. I got the same answer on Soun On Sound's forum and I loved the sounds enough to just go ahead and order it. It should be here ASAP!!!

I can't wait.

I have a question for you sice you seem to be a Faithful Logic User...

Are you using an Apple or PC?
And what audio interface/sound card system do you use?

pisces7378 said:
Thanks man!

It is funny. I got the same answer on Soun On Sound's forum and I loved the sounds enough to just go ahead and order it. It should be here ASAP!!!

I can't wait.

I have a question for you sice you seem to be a Faithful Logic User...

Are you using an Apple or PC?
And what audio interface/sound card system do you use?
Intel P4 2.6gig at 800MHZ FSB, Asus P4P800 800MHz FSB, 1gig Kingston Ram PC3200 Hyper, WD Raptor 10,000 RPM SATAx2.
Currently using a Lynx1 card.
If I had the money, I would go with the new Mac G5.
You wont be dissapointed with DFH, works excellent with EXS.

Back