Aardvark Direct Pro Q10

Roaf

Dumbass
D'oh! So much for my budget.
I was looking at the Aardvark LX6 & 2496 and then progressed to the Digi 001 & MOTU 828 b/c of the number of analog ins. Naturally I gravitated to the Q10 next. I read a review of the system in which the reviewer was not too impressed with the Hi-Z guitar imputs. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this and/or what their opinion was on the quality of the 1/4" / XLR jacks and the Q10's microphone pre-amps?

Also the sample rate of the Q10 is listed as 48kHz but supposedly Aardvark was goint to make 96 drivers available. What are peoples' experiences w/ Aardvarks tech support?

Thx
Roaf

Hey, just a caution right away: I don't own and haven't used one of these. I've been looking at soundcards for a while now, so I've heard a lot about different things. :) There.

So far about the Q10 I've heard that the preamps pretty much match a mackie's.

The talk around the board is that the drivers for XP are horrid right now, and only in beta. I've seen some Aardvark employees post on this board, so I'm assuming that the customer service can't be too bad, but I really don't know.

After a lot of research, a lot of people pointed me in the direction of getting a Mixer and a Delta 1010. It's only about $250 more and later on you can add on with pieces you can mix and match later. That's what I'm going for. :)

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Christopher

Gotcha. Haven't looked at the Delta. Guess I'll kill a few more trees printing out some specs.
Thanks man.

Roaf

Back