teac a 3440 tape

alivin alvarez

just found a teac a 3440 at a thrift store for thirty bucks! and it works! it had an old reel of tape i want to replace, but i have no idea what to get. i know i need 1/4" tape, but what kind? anybody got any suggestions? brand names? model numbers?

Hi,

I have the manual hidden somewhere in the file cabinet at home. It lists recommended tapes along with the bias settings. In fact, I'll scan that page and send it to your email account this weekend.

Cheers,
Ron

TEAC 3340S

Howdy Everyone,
Hey Ron Schilling, I just purchased a TEAC
3340S and noticed that you might have the manual. I would be happy to pay you for a copy. My E-mail is CaAmer@aol.com
I live in Florida, USA and faxing is another option. Please contact
me. Thanks
The pin roller doesnt move except by hand ,and it would be nice to know all the controls and configurations.

I was lucky to get a set of electronic drums for Christmas.
Yamaha dxt11- Its like having 500 diferent drum kits. Does anybody here have a good source for downloading different drum
sounds that could be used with them?

Thanks, Cap

BTW- This looks like a very good forum. Congrats to the Gurus.
: Þ

What Tape

A roll of Quantegy 456 will work perfect on that machine. I just sold a 3440 and first tested it with a reel of 456. It sounded fantastic, Paul.

3440 tape

tanks for the suggestion. can anyone tell me why there are different types of the same size tape? i thought all i needed was 1/4" tape, and realized at the tape store there was 15 different kinds. also how would i alighn my a- 3440? do i need to every time i put a different reel of tape, or just every now and again for maitenence?

Back