Teac 3340s Reel alignment problem (video)

Looks like the reel table needs to be adjusted. I have a problem with mine where it keeps slipping in. You need to take the the side panel off on that side and you can access the screws with a long screwdriver. I think it's a phillips. You'll see the screws, there are two, you need to loosen them and then pull it foward, and line the flanges up with the tape roller guides so it's even and tighten the screws again.

mw8b2e.jpg

Yes, exactly. :)

Is it a phillips? Mine is, but yours could be an allen wrench, I don't know. I'm sure you know what an allen wrench is any way, right .... Allen? ;)

After you loosen them you just pull it forward. Mines funny, where it actually gets stuck and won't move. Make sure it actually moves before tightening, and eyeball the tape path with the flanges of your reel so it lines up with your roller guide. It should slide forward easily if you pull on the front.

I actually found the right size but it wasnt long enough! So I took off the turn table the reel sits on and I was able to reach the 2 screws. I aligned the reel to the take up arm. The right take up reel isnt aligned to the left reel is this a problem? Should I adjust both so they are equal? I dont really see it as a problem I pressed play and everything is running smooth.

I actually found the right size but it wasnt long enough! So I took off the turn table the reel sits on and I was able to reach the 2 screws.

Oh, I see. You were able to go through the front by removing the 3 three screws on the turntable?

As long as the tape lines up in path with the roller guides and heads and is not rubbing on the flanges of the reel of tape you should be good. You should be able to eyeball that you have a straight path.

As long as nothing on the right side is rubbing and you have a smooth take up I'd just leave it.

Back