Tascam MS-16 Problem

themaddog

Rockin' & Rollin'
Hey everyone,
I've got my Tascam MS-16 up and running on the rack and everything. Everything seems great, but there is one minor problem; this MS-16 is the 15 ips version, but the counter is off. For instance, 2 seconds of "real time" actually only count on the meter as 1 second. The counter is consistent; it knows where 0 is, and fastwinding the tape to the same point and then back again yields consistent results.

Does anybody know how to adjust this? I'm certain this machine is the 15 ips version, or it at least plays back and records at 15 ips.

Thank you,
-MD

I assume that it counts forward and backwards OK except for the speed diff. This is important because the tach photocells are in quadurature which allows them to sense direction. Losing one cell would half the counts.

Interesting, I'll look at the manual when I get home or out of this meeting I heading for.

--Ethan

Thank you.

There's gotta be something funky with it. I have the autolocator and it displays the correct timing. The only limitation of the locator is that it has to be started before running the tape machine (when everything is still at 0) otherwise it will be "off" relative to wherever the tape begins playing.

-MD

Back