Tascam M208 Mixer and TEAC 80-8 Reocrding Help. At my wits end, Please Help!!!

Dudethestallion

Hey All! First off thanks so much for looking in the first place. I have put so much into fixing this TEAC 80-8 8 track reel to reel recorder and I am almost ready to record I am just having a few last issues. I have a M208 Mixer hooked up and i am having issues with basic recording. The mixer has 2 sets of 4 PGM outs which I am using RCA cables to go out INTO the input of the reel to reel recorder. I have 8 RCA cables coming out of the reel to reel into the 8 TAPE INS of the mixer. I have gotten my ears blown out so many times trying to do simple recording. I am either not able to hear whats coming back through the TAPE in or when I hit the FLB buttin i can hear the tape signal but have no control over the volume and cannot monitor my second track I want to record. I also tried again recording 1 track then trying to overdub a track on track 2 and got a really loud high pitched sound. All i really want to do is record 1 track at a time and be able to hear the previous track to do overdubs. I also want to throw in effects. I have a berhinger multi effect FX200 that i would like to use to add effects before it is recorded on the tape.. I have some experience multi track recording this has just turned out to be so difficult for me to figure out. Any info would be so greatky appreciated and would restore my faith in analog recording, because so far I have been pulling my hair out the whole time. The manual for the M208 mixer can be found right here http://www.tascamvintage.com/M208M216Service.pdf Thanks so much Guys

What was the solution for you problem? I find no sound through my tape out inputs, I only get signal through the line-out and insert inputs. I'm using a Tascam TSR8

Back