Stand for the 388

Mark7

Okay... You can sit down now :p

But, seriously, can anyone give me any recommendations for something I can put the 388 on when I use it? Preferably something that will allow me to sit at it without needing a barstool.

Back when I had my Tascam M312B mixers, I bought a TASCAM CS-1516 console stand which is 25" tall and about 5 feet wide. It was designed to hold the TEAC/Tascam M-15 series mixer, a 400 pound beast!

At that height, it was tall enough so that I could get my office chair arm rests to tuck underneath it and bring the surface height of the mixer to around 30", which is a pretty standard desk height for working at while seated in a normal chair...as apposed to a bar stool! :D

The 388 weighs less then 100 pounds, so getting an all steel unit like the one I bought is probably not needed. Just make sure its sturdy enough. Most likely, Ikea has something up your alley for not a lot of coin.

Cheers! :)

The height and width are adjustable and within range of what I mentioned for height, so it should do the trick.

One caution I might add though is that designs looks to be a bit on the wobbly side unless the width adjust bar is very tight and the knobs tightenable enough to keep it reasonably rigid. Sometimes plastic knobs like to shatter or crack with enough force applied to them. For 26 pounds, I'd assume they're not made out of anything deemed bullet-proof.

I need something that can be stored away in a closet with the 388. When it's not in use.

I need something that can be stored away in a closet with the 388. When it's not in use.

The legs unscrew on the one from Ikea I mentioned and as such, would store more compactly then the Z design which will have protruding bits from the cross beam. The Ikea one is also height adjustable and within the height range I mentioned. Though it is more expensive.

It's a lot more expensive. Isn't there anything in the £50 and under range that might work?

It's a lot more expensive. Isn't there anything in the £50 and under range that might work?

There might be but that will take some leg work on your end to track down now that you know what you should be looking for.

Maybe find a standard cheaper taller one and cut the legs down yourself to the right height if they're made out of wood!

Happy hunting. ;)

I've limited space (literally two major rooms + Kitchen & Bath). So a permanent structure like that, neat as it is. isn't really an option.

The key words are: Disassemble-able (or collapsible) and storable.

Back