[Somewhat urgent] Tascam M-1600 vs M-2500

regebro

Insane Genious!
Anybody have any opinion on these? Yeah, I know the 2500 has Midi mute, but are there any other differences?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks for the link!

Hmmm. Anybody know if this "selectable monitor" thingy is a replacement for a separate in-line tape-returns? Becuase if it is, it doesn't seem to have a pan-function, as the 2524's tape returns, which makes it partically useless at mixdown, which means you have 24 channels on mixdown, instead of 24 channels with filters and sends, and 24 without. That in turn means that if I ever get a 16-track, I will run out of channels... Hummm...

Comparing images, the 2500 channel section seems to have:
1. An input trim
2. A section of five knobs for the EQ
3. A section of four knobs, probably the sends.
4. A section of three knobs, most likely the tape monitor level+pan and the channel pan.

The 1600 seems to have:
1. An input trim
2. A section of FOUR knobs for the EQ
3. A section of three knobs. Could this be
the tape monitor level+pan and the channel pan? Strange positioning, in that case.
4. A section of four knobs, probably the sends.

Hey, I found a good picture!
This was helpful. You can't see the markings, but it seems like indeed there is separate level and pan for the tape monitors. So the main difference is the MIDI-mute support and a sweepable low-filter.

That measn that a M-1624 will be more than good enough for me. Nice.

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/index,idproduit,10962.html

The "selectable monitor" thingy seems to mean that you can select it to be either the tape monitor or the channel input, and you can select it to go either to the main bus or to a separate monitor output.

Nice.

Back