Sansui WS-X1 and Sansui MR-6 analog recorders

analog aaron

Swami King of Poppers
Hi Guys,
Trying to see how this could work/ I'd like to use these 2 machines together to create a "hobo" recorder to put in the garage for quick song Ideas.....The 6 track tape transport of the WSX1(portastudio type recorder with 2 tape transports) Everything works fantastic except the 6 track transport.....Ratz! (the mixdown deck works fantastic though I wish it were the other way around-ha) The MR-6 (works fantastic) I would like to see if there is some sort of way I could hook one up to the other. Both of these sansui products were made around the same time. I'd like to use the WSX1 as a mixer (I really like it's onboard effects, 8 input channels and 2 xlr inputs) and the MR-6 as the recorder. The WSX1 has 6 tape outs and 2 (L and R) Mixer outputs. The MR-6has 6 tape ins and 6 tape outs. I know I could hook up 2 mixer outs of the WSX1 to 2 inputs of the MR-6 but I'd only be able to record and hear 2 tracks at a time. The tape outs can't really be used as "channel outs" right? If anyone is familar with these machines or could help me think of a creative way to use both together, that'd be awesome! Thanks Guys,
Analog Aaron

to Analog Aaron
The WSX1 & the MR6 and a SY-1 remote control for both decks to run together, you would run the WSX1 & the MR6 Together with the remote contol to syink one track of each deck thus making it a 10 track recorder all tracks running the same way not like an ordanary tape that has 2 track running 1 way and the other 2 tracks running the other way .All wiring fitting together perfectly via the back conections hope this helps and i hope i got the gist of you,r enquirary
peter

Back