Recomended Bulk Eraser ?

evm1024

I have been getting along without a bulk eraser for a while now and do at some time need to get one. I'm sure that the radio shack model would work but I would like a Teac E-2. Are they rare enough to comand a $150 price as is currently on eBay?

I think they originally retailed for around $300 when new and there ain't much in them to wear out so sure, $150 is probably a fair price for a used one in decent condition.

Caution;

If bidding on said item, watch out for guys like EDAN who would willingly buy it for $1500.00! :D

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
that e-2 looks kinda' nice.
I have little hand-held robins which does the work fine on 1/4" , I have no idea if it can be used on wider tape.
while ago I've purchased on e-bay a 0.99 (shipping was about 15 bucks, so...) grab-bag with few trashy reels of tape and robins 99 eraser which had cracked enclosure, so was sold as is/parts (not much parts there :p ).
(here's exact same eraser I am talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBINS-TM-99-PRO-BULK-MAGNETIC-TAPE-ERASER-XCLNT_W0QQitemZ150007580068 )
So I keep it now as "some-day project"...as I'm thinking of building some nice enclosure/top for it with some "fancy" reel tables/spinners... am not sure how exactly yet...
so what's in the box? heh heh ... not much - a one big and ugly electro-magnet :D
I've just made a shot of it on my work-table... (attached photo), it has nice steel base with rubber feet too:

Attachments

• tape_eraser.jpg
    tape_eraser.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 65
Dr ZEE said:
so what's in the box? heh heh ... not much - a one big and ugly electro-magnet :D I've just made a shot of it on my work-table... (attached photo), it has nice steel base with rubber feet too:
I've got two similar that I picked up from Rhema, will have to take some photos.

I've got a Realistic and an RCA that I'm selling. If anyone needs them and is interested, they work and I'd like $15 for the pair. Hard to beat the price ya know.

hungovermorning said:
I've got a Realistic and an RCA that I'm selling. If anyone needs them and is interested, they work and I'd like $15 for the pair. Hard to beat the price ya know.

look for a PM

Back