fostex arrived..need manual..and a few ?s

clevodrummer

Tascammer
My Fostex M 80 arrived in good shape...I have never seen a more simple deck..My friend that sent it sent a bunch of tapes and I set it up and played back some of them and it sounds really good.

I set it up to record on track 7 and 8, because i think he was running midi off channel 8 as it squealed...MTC?

anyway I tried recording on tracks 7/8, no luck and 1 and 2, no luck...trying to get ahold of him as its not recording and I dont see anything I could be missing....

anyone have a pdf manual? Forget trying to get ahold of Fostex as they are under a rock in japan somewhere with two tin cans and a string.

clevo

p.s., the recording playback head is not to pretty, but it plays back sweet...sounds pretty good except the noise reduction sounds like crap...i think i will hookup my teac dbx noise reduction if i get that far along..

damn, i wish someone would start manufacturing new reel to reel multitracks...lord knows there are those of us who wouldnt hesitate to spend money for a good new deck instead of always searching for that one deck that grandma only took to church on sundays.

thank you for the manual!!

really appreciate it buddy...i am a manual nutcase...gotta have em...got manuals for all my stuff, even the original manual for my teac 2300 and the tascam m-35...

i got it recording right after i sent the previous email, by hitting "auto", which made my day...this thing needs a cleaning real bad but it sounds pretty damn good...going to dump a tune im working on onto 2 tracks later and track drums with it...cant wait...

you guys are all not only truly helpful to us semi newbie, semi aware,semi musically and mechanically inclined types, but lifesavers as well..

whenever i get stumped i run to HR and always know Im going to get advice and damn good advice.....you guys really know your stuff...
thansk again, again!!

clevo

will catch up later, going to be in the lab for a few decades i hope..

will send pics tonight...

Back