Combine for perfection

Gargamel

Puh-leeze..........If you want great sound you have to use a mixture of the analog and digital domains!!!!!!!

lol.......This should light a fire:) :eek:

no argument here.....tracking to tape and transferring to digital for mixing and mastering is a great idea....however, with top of the line converters, an all digital setup can sound great also......

gear addiction!!!!!!!!

No fire here!!!!!, I've been quite happy in the digital domain but I've had friends and potential clients interested in my personal studio and have wanted to use the reel to reel for especially for drum and vocal tracks. The way I look at it is the more tools you have and your abilities to use those tools to enhance the final product is what counts.I am also not implying you need everything in the world to create a good mix but everything I have has certainly been useful depending upon who I am working with and what sound they are going after. For instance, I have a mpc2000xl and on my own projects it very rarely comes in handy but, I can't tell you how many times I have used it on projects for other people. So no,digital and analog are certainly not required but what the hell you only live once and the guy that dies with the most gear wins!!!!!!! LOL P.S plus the gear I have happens to be my wifes retirement fund or so she thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife is setting up a alanon club for woman to talk about there husbands addiction to buying gear if your spouses are interested just let me know.

Sign my old lady up......she thinks, knows Ihave a problem. More gear, more gear, more gear, more gear, more gear!!!!!!!!

the person who buys the gear cheap at the garagesale that his wife holds once he is dead is the true winner here ;)

Back