Bouncing drum tracks on Tascam 388 question?

SchoolHouseRock

thanks for everyones help last time,
but, I kinda have a dumb question about bouncing drum tracks using a 388, but I'm still new to all this recording stuff, so be gentle.:rolleyes:

so my question is if you are recording mono drums (using one Overhead mic, one Snare mic and a kick drum mic and maybe a room mic) and if I wanted to bounce all those 3 or 4 tracks.

Would it make sense to bounce all them down to (2) Tracks or since its mono could I get away with bouncing the drum tracks to 1 Track?

so if anyone can give me some guidance, that would be cool.:D

thanks for everyones help last time,
but, I kinda have a dumb question about bouncing drum tracks using a 388, but I'm still new to all this recording stuff, so be gentle.:rolleyes:

so my question is if you are recording mono drums (using one Overhead mic, one Snare mic and a kick drum mic and maybe a room mic) and if I wanted to bounce all those 3 or 4 tracks.

Would it make sense to bounce all them down to (2) Tracks or since its mono could I get away with bouncing the drum tracks to 1 Track?

so if anyone can give me some guidance, that would be cool.:D

If you want some kind of effect, like the snare a little bit to the right, the room a bit to the left, then it may be worth it to mix it that way during your bounce. Otherwise, a single track ought to suffice.

-MD

Some of the Tamla Motown multitrack mixes floating around (see the sticky threads!) have the drums on 2 mono tracks overheads & room mics kept on separate tracks perhaps add snare (overheads) & kick (room) to taste on either track perhaps?

Also try the Glenn Johns or Recorderman techniques?

Back