Anybody here know what this is?

pikingrin

what is this?
buckr2r.JPG
My wife drug me along to an estate sale this weekend out in BFE farmtown Indiana. I was irritated about having to go until I saw this amongst the tables of junk that were on display in the barn. Long story short, I got this and 7 tapes for $2.00. :thumbs up:

Anybody know what it is exactly? I googled it but my phone didn't work out there and now that I'm home I'm not finding anything at all. Not sure if it works, I'm going to let a friend take a look and get it up and running before I plug it in. If anyone has any info I'd sure be interested in learning about it... :confused:

The only things I could tell you about it is that its from the mid 60's and squarely aimed at the consumer market, IE, not a pro machine.

I too just did a Google search and it came up blank. So this company never achieved enough popularity to even accomplish some internet fame. Your post may in fact be its first mention in the free world! :D

Can you take a picture of the name plate on the back or underbelly which denotes the model number, the full name of the company and where it was made? With that, we might have more to go on in terms of doing a meaningful search.

Cheers! :)

It looks very like the reel-to-reel machine my dad threw out recently. It had a hand held microphone and a built-in speaker, so you could record and replay to/from the tape.

View attachment 93276
Here's the back panel, maybe that will help?

Well, it could help if you wanted to hunt down the records of that company now that you've got an address and know it was a Limited Incorporated Company from New York.

Also, it looks like it's US made unless there's a made in Taiwan sticker elsewhere on it?

So you might be able to double your money on it on ebay by pimping it as genuine American made know-how! :D

Cheers! :)

Back