Waves Audio Plugin Sales.

ShanPeyton

Just wondering if the waves plugin bundles on sale right now are worth the money you spend on them or if there are alternative free versions of the same type of stuff floating around out there that compare? I'd be worried I would spending money simply for a flashy looking U.I.

There are tons of free plugs out there.....

Some work well, others not so much. Some are stable, some will crash your entire rig.

To me, it's well worth investing in good plugs and having support from the manufacturer as well..

Waves plugs are GREAT.... if you are in doubt, they have full feature free demos.

You can't go wrong with Waves, and their bundle deals, and sales, are a GREAT value. period.

To me, it's well worth investing in good plugs and having support from the manufacturer as well..

This is a good point i hadn't considered at all. Thanks. I will also agree that when they put their bundles on sale they are priced fantastically. Sorta missed out on the march madness but i'll wait for the next big sale and maybe grab a bundle then. Thanks for the sound advice.

I would say Waves has as good a plugins as anyone. If you get a bundle, the price is good. They are high quality and worth a couple hundred (pick your currency) IMO.

You can sign up for newsletters from Waves, they have been having weekend specials for the past month or two and you can generally find some great deals. I got Abbey Road package (reg $900) for right under $200...it's pretty crazy but yeah, don't EVER pay full price!

Here is a good starter pack, for about the same money on sale Gold

Interesting, the silver bundle looks awesome actually, some of the power, some of the gold and no amp sims that i already have a ton of. -AND- it's still on sale. I think this might be the one for me. thanks so much guys.

If you buy through a site like Waves Universe, you get even more discount than the sale price as well.

Interesting. Why is that now? IS this waves universe thing affiliated with the actual waves site?

Not quite sure how it works, but every time there's a Waves offer, they have the same offers for a bit less money. You buy through that site and the Waves Universe guy sends you codes. It can take a little longer, I had an issue with a code not working one time and it took a couple of days for him to sort it out with Waves. I think he's just a reseller.

I do only spoken word stuff, and Izotope Nectar 2 is wonderful for that. The Waves bundles have more than I need, but I did get the Renaissance bundle. I think the Waves plugins are good but too expensive. I wait for sales and grab them only when discounted.

Try Ebay also. Most vendors START with the Waves sale price then take offers from there. I got my Renaissance Maxx bundle for under $100 and picked up the Eddie Kramer guitar channel yesterday for $15.

Back