Simple drum vst

mcmac74

I've been using MT drummer a while and very happy with it, however just having one kit is a tad restrictive. Is there a similarly intuitive drum vst with a wider range of kits / percussion? I love the speed of working in MT so thats the key fir me...not wanting much of a learning curve!

Mark

Keeping it on the FREE side of things...

What I've been experimenting with is creating parts with MT, then substituting individual notes with samples gathered from around the internet. This isn't accomplished within MT, I put the substitutions on a separate track - drag and drop the files onto the separate track as separate items. Just align them with the notes in MT they're replacing.. or stacking to. It's tedious and time consuming, though.

I believe you can add other drum kit plugins in your DAW, then route their samples back through MT to accomplish much the same. Haven't done this but instructions are available.

There's a free Drum VST called Superdrum

This has a number of kits available.

You can also load your own samples by putting them into the superdrum directories and modifying the SD text files accordingly.

Keeping it on the FREE side of things...

What I've been experimenting with is creating parts with MT, then substituting individual notes with samples gathered from around the internet. This isn't accomplished within MT, I put the substitutions on a separate track - drag and drop the files onto the separate track as separate items. Just align them with the notes in MT they're replacing.. or stacking to. It's tedious and time consuming, though.

I believe you can add other drum kit plugins in your DAW, then route their samples back through MT to accomplish much the same. Haven't done this but instructions are available.

Sounds like the kinda labour I'm trying to avoid!

There's a free Drum VST called Superdrum

This has a number of kits available.

You can also load your own samples by putting them into the superdrum directories and modifying the SD text files accordingly.

What gecko zzed said---The free Superdrum expansion (56+ GB):
Drum Empire 2020 |
MeldaProduction

Paj
8^)

I read through a few comments in the cockos forum that indicated its a bit of a pig to work through. Is that your experience? The MT way of adding pattern presets and fills into a workspace and then dragging into Reaper works a treat for me ( as knowing nothing of how to drum). I've fully programmed my own patterns years ago on boss standalone machines but it takes an age and I've no intention of returning to that way of working.

I attempted to install superdrum. When I opened the download dll file, it was telling me that there was no app associated with it for performing the action. The dll still shows as a file and loads into reaper but there's not much there apart from some effects. I assumed I would need to download the drum sample library. These are all wav files. How do you make these separate downloads into a usable vst?

You should have two files, the Superdrum dll, plus a SDFX zip. That zip holds the drum samples, and needs to be extracted to the C drive.

Back