What kind of damage from 2 amps in one speaker?

Yasoo

I've heard you can damage your amp if you have 2 amps plugged into 1 speaker. What kind of damage would you get?

I'm curious because I let some people borrow my stuff and they did just that. I couldn't believe it, I always knew it as the Cardinal rule, but they didn't care and just plug anything in anywhere, and if it doesn't blow up, I guess they think it's O.K. :)

Thing is, I'm wondering if it will just stop working, lose fidelity, damage instruments plugged into it, etc.

How did they manage plugging two amps into one speaker? It could make a difference on whether any damage was done or not.

I think it's a parallel thing. It's a 8 Ohm cab with two 1/4" jacks that if I plug another 8 Ohm cab into it, it gives the amp the 4 Ohm load. But they decided to plug another amp into it.

That will blow the amps. Stop them at all costs. Take your amp away from them and beat them with it. These people are too stupid to be in a band. (yes, that is possible)

Hehehe. Well, it didn't blow, so I think I got lucky. Seems to be O.K., but I was wondering if there is hidden damage that might manifest itself some other way.

Back