VTB-1: Impedance

200 omies...

because 50 omies if for ribbon mics.

Why, because I always read the manual first then I do what it says. Each mic requires a certain load for optimum performance, and since I can't afford a variable impediance mic pramp like the Vipre. I know Harvey can add tons of better information, and Ive read threads that Fletcher has popped into as well.

SoMm

Beathoven said:
BTW, are you the real son of mixerman? The same mixerman that has his studio adventures on the internet?!

If so, he is remarkably advanced for his age, as the Mixerman diaries reveals that to be somewhere around 6.

Perhaps the relationship is spiritual, rather than biological. Perhaps it doesn't exist at all. Maybe he's Lance.

I think he's really "fingaz," since he uses terms like "omies" . . . rhymes with "homies." :D

Alright, that was bad, I admit.

Although most mics will have an optimum setting in terms of load, you can play with the impedence and use it as sort of an EQ if you'd like. The lower ohm settings might give you a little extra bass boost (or sometimes a little extra midrange honk, depending on the mic). The higher impedence settings might give you a little bass cut and/or treble lift (maybe good for accoustic guitars?).

chessrock said:
I think he's really "fingaz," since he uses terms like "omies" . . . rhymes with "homies." :D

You senior members really like picking on the new guys don't ya.:p

What did I ever say to deserve the fingaz and lance comments?

SoMm

You said "Son of Mixerman" of course!

Some mysteries are better left unsolved.
Although Harvey knows who "he" (or she!) is.

Chris

Back