stereo signal into mono equipment

blackmusic

Hey, would it be possible to run a stereo signal into mono output pedals (didn't know where to ask this)? Would the pedal yield a stereo output?

~Thanks

You could run a stereo signal to two mono devices and recover true stereo but you can not run a stereo signal to a single mono device. Once you collapse it to mono, it's mono forever.

stumped...

how would I 'blend' several analog stereo signals into one stereo signal then? I have several stereo stomp boxes and would really like to do that.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to be able to make two or more stereo sub mixes to send out to be "processed" and then returned, you can do it with a mixer if it's equiped with sub groups. If you have a four or eight buss mixer, alls you have to do is assign the tracks you want to process to, say, subgroups one and two and another group of tracks to sub groups three and four and patch that to the device(or devices) of choice and then return it to the mixer either through aux returns or even two or four mixer channels.

im not sure if i understand the question, but it can be wise to leave all modulation / delay and whatever stereo effects towards the end of the chain.

Romesh

Back