Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal to lose some effects functions when going through Effects Loop?

Thanks

Is it normal to lose some effects functions when going through Effects Loop?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just hooked up my pedals through my Effects Loop, And it makes a World of a difference as far as noise. But I lost many functions on my pedals now. My Gate/Pan stopped working, The Wah sounds weak, and my Dry/Wet ratio is Null on my Pitch-shifter.

I have 2 knobs on the back of my Amp to tweak the EFX Loop and I'v experimented with it to try getting my functions back, but to no Avail. Also It feeds back very easily now when engaging effects. Even when Im not playing a note.

Can anyone shed some light on my new world of EFX Loops for me? Thanks ahead of time for your responses!

Thanks
    When using an effects loop, set your mix control on whatever device you have going thru it to full wet.

Thanks
    I just got done rearranging and trying different things with my effects loop to try and get my Wet signals back but nothing worked. I tried cranking the Send and Mix knobs on my Amp for my EFX Loop and tried every other Variation, and still, It seems like all my effects lose alot of there Wet Signal.

Is this normal for EFX Loops? What am I missing?
    Last edited by dialtone; 03-24-2004 at 09:00.

Thanks
    Most effects loops run at line level, while most effect pedals run at instrument level, the fx loop is probably running the pedals too hot.

Thanks
    But shouldn't those Mix and Send knobs dedicated to my Loop, make up for any signal issues that needs adjustments? And when I turn those knobs, they still dont bring me near as close to when I just plug the pedals through the front. But for sound issues I like hte EFX Loop. Is this normal on effects Loops? Or is it common that you will lose alot of Wetness on your effects.

Thanks
    The mix knob on your amp is going to determine the final wet/dry ratio. If you have it set to dry then you are not going to hear any of the effects. Usually when you use an effects loop you set the effects boxes to 100% wet and control the mix on the amp.

Since the loop is after the preamp you will get a different sound. It's good for some stuff and bad for others. If it is mono you won't get any panning effects. I wouldn't run all my effects that way but it can be good for delays, reverb and flange.

Thanks
    I think I may just have to go straight through my amp, But when I do that, the Chorus and Delay, effect my hiss, is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks
    noise gate? eq? figure out whats wrong with your effects loop? find the snake in your studio?
    In hIs Name
    Big Kenny
    In His Name
    Big Kenny

Thanks
    Wah, distortion, compression usually sound better between the guitar and amp. Use the loop for reverb, delay, chorus and such. If there are wet/dry level controls on them, set for very wet signals and use the mix on the amp for final wet level adjustment.

Thanks
    On the Chorus there is no wet ratio, And it sounds so weak when in the EFX Loop,

When I go straight through my amp though, And I turn on the Chorus, It Choruses the Hiss and sounds to noticible,

Are there any effects that really do work at taking the Hiss outta your signal, Not just gating it?

Thread Information